Monday, January 24, 2011

The Mission

I don't know how my Dad does it, but he can cook ANYTHING in the span of oh... ten minutes! My mission? Learn how to do it. Today I came home for lunch, and he had this feast waiting on the table. I know it didn't take him long because there are perpetually five different sports shows recording on our DVR for his viewing pleasure. Check out what he "whipped up" for us:


Medium Rare Top Sirloin

Pan-friend Sea Bass and Jumbo Shrimp with Cilantro

Butter-Roasted Corn and Green Beans

RIGHT?!

The food was quite phenomenal. I kept thinking, how much would this cost at a restaurant? More than I could afford for an everyday lunch that's for sure. These times call for buck-stretching and penny-pinching for even the most major necessities: food, clothing, and shelter. So, I'm determined to find the best opportunities out there when it comes to all of the above. (Oh, and I may sprinkle in some not-so inexpensive things every now and then. Hey, I'm still an OC girl at heart!)


Tip: Let Dad cook you lunch once in awhile! He'll get ten minutes of exercise an you'll save ten bucks :)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I should ask him to cook the next time he visits the Philippines again! That steak looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT TIMING! I just created my blogspot. Mr. Bartolome's meal looks delish, per usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your blogspot?? I'll follow :)

    ReplyDelete