Friday, March 11, 2011

I Now Pronounce You, Garlic and Butter.

I've come to the conclusion that, when cooking, if you use garlic and butter you are sure to have a delectable meal. I tested this theory a few days ago when David and I decided try making an Almond Crusted Tilapia with green beans and garlic butter rice. If I could perform a marriage ceremony for two cooking ingredients, it would be Mr. Garlic and Ms. Butter. They are truly soulmates.

We bought four filets of tilapia fish from the local grocery store, some chopped onions, and cilantro to substitute the parsley. 

The basic instructions for making this dish are to dip the filets in flour, then the egg mixture from the link above, then the chopped almonds. After that you just need to cook the fish in garlic butter sauce on both sides until they have the golden brown color below! 

By this time, the relationship between garlic and butter is blossoming.
As for the garlic butter rice, all I did was melt some butter in a pot, add the rice, then some water and chicken bouillon. I let it simmer until the rice was cooked, and added the garlic as it finished absorbing all the liquidy goodness.
David taught me how to make his wonderful green beans, cooked with, can you guess?! We will refer to the green beans as the guests at the wedding.

Always WASH the guests before you cook with them. 
The secret to these green beans is to spray the pan with Pam, and then lightly coat the green beans as they're cooking as well. Add a few dashes of salt and pepper sporadically...
And voila! A dish so appealing to the eye, I picked out a few to munch on while they were still in the skillet.
By the time we had everything on the stove, my kitchen was smelling like a garlic butter fairytale.
After the tilapia is finished cooking, you have to give it one final touch by adding freshly grated parmesan cheese and a few more toasted almonds on top, then nuking it in the oven for a few minutes. 


Before I unveil finished product, I have to give credit to this wedding's maids of honor and best man:
Mr. Cilantro and Mrs. Lemon Slice
Mr. Lemon Pepper
Ladies and gentleman, I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Garlic and Butter, along with their entourage:

Such a beautiful ceremony. Such a wonderful marriage. I was certain this one would last forever... too bad I ate it all first!

Tip: Garlic and butter can make practically any dish a delight. Don't be stingy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment